The Ford F150 Wiper Blade Guide: Size Chart, Installation And Replacement is a vital guide for anyone who owns or plans on owning a Ford F150. This guide will help you understand the different blade sizes and how to install and replace them.
F150 wiper blade
Everything you need to know: F150 Wiper Blade Replacement and installation
If your Ford F150 wipers are not working properly, it is time to replace them. This guide will outline the steps necessary to replace the wipers on your Ford F150.
The first step is to remove the old wipers. To do this, you will need to remove the screws that hold the wiper arms in place. Once the screws are removed, the arms can be pulled out of the wiper housing.
Next, you will need to remove the wiper blade. To do this, you will need to remove the two screws that hold the blade in place. Once the screws are removed, the blade can be removed from the wiper arm.
The new wiper blade should be installed in the same manner as the old one. It should be replaced with the two screws that were removed from the blade and the arms should be replaced in the wiper housing.
Choosing the Right Wiper Blade Size for Your F150
There is no one-size-fits-all answer when it comes to choosing the right wiper blade size for your Ford F-150. However, following some general tips can help you get the right size.
- First and foremost, make sure to measure your vehicle’s windshield height and width. This will help you determine the size of wiper blade that is appropriate for your truck.
- Next, consider how often you will need to use your wipers. If you only need to use them occasionally, then a smaller blade may be adequate. However, if you plan on using your wipers more frequently, then a larger blade may be necessary.
- Finally, take into account the type of weather you typically encounter. In cold weather, a thicker wiper blade will help keep your windshield clear. Conversely, in hot weather a thinner blade will work better to prevent the buildup of heat on the windshield.
2010 F150 wiper blade size
If you’re looking to replace the wiper blades on your 2010 F-150, you’ll need to make sure you get the right size to ensure a proper fit. The 2010 F-150 uses a 28-inch driver side blade and a 19-inch passenger side blade. While this is the standard size for the 2010 F-150, you should always double-check the size before purchasing new blades, as slight variations may exist between model years and trim levels.
2011 f150 wiper blade size
The wiper blades for the front windshield of the 2011 F150 measure 28 inches for the driver’s side and 19 inches for the passenger’s side. Next, the wiper blades for the rear windshield of the 2011 F150 measure 15 inches. Finally, the wiper blades for the rearview mirror of the 2011 F150 measure 7 inches.
2012 f150 wiper blade size
The 2012 Ford F-150 requires wiper blades that measure 26 inches in length for the driver’s side and 19 inches for the passenger side. It is important to note that both the driver’s and passenger’s side wiper blades use the same size frame, with the driver’s side being slightly longer to give it a wider coverage area. If you are unsure of the exact size of your F-150, you can always refer to the owner’s manual to make sure you have the right size blades installed.
2013 F150 wiper blade size
The 2013 Ford F-150 is equipped with a variety of windshield wiper blades designed to keep your view of the road clear and safe. Depending on the trim level that you purchase, the wiper blade sizes can vary. On the basic model, the wiper blade size is 18 inches for the driver side and 15 inches for the passenger side. On the higher trims, the size of the wiper blade increases to 20 inches for the driver side and 18 inches for the passenger side.
2014 F150 wiper blade size
The 2014 Ford F150 is equipped with two different wiper blade sizes. The front wiper blade size is 22 inches for the driver’s side and 21 inches for the passenger’s side. The rear wiper blade size is 18 inches. Replacing your wiper blades on a regular basis is an important part of maintaining your vehicle. Replacing them with the right size will ensure your visibility is not compromised.
2015 F150 wiper blade size
The Ford F-150 is one of the most popular pickup trucks available, and the 2015 model is no exception. As such, it’s important to know what size wiper blades you need for your 2015 F-150. The 2015 F-150 wiper blades come in two sizes: 28 inches and 20 inches. The 28-inch wiper blades are standard, and fit all 2015 F-150 models. The 20-inch wiper blades are optional, and only fit some of the 2015 F-150 models.
2016 F150 wiper blade size
The standard size for the 2016 F150 is 26 inches for the driver’s side and 18 inches for the passenger side. It’s important to note that some models may have different sizes, so it’s important to check the specifications for your particular F150.
2017 F150 wiper blade size
The 2017 F150 wiper blade size is 24 inches for both the driver and passenger side. This size is the same for all F150 models from 2017-2020. It’s important to make sure you buy the correct size wiper blades for your vehicle.
2018 F150 wiper blade size
When it comes to wiper blades, the size you need depends on the make, model, and year of your vehicle. For the 2018 F150, the size you need is 24 inches for the driver’s side and 21 inches for the passenger’s side.
2019 F150 wiper blade size
The 2019 Ford F150 requires wiper blades that are 28 inches for the driver’s side and 17 inches for the passenger’s side. It is important to not only replace your wiper blades with the correct size, but also with a high quality product that is made to last. Many drivers have had success with Bosch ICON wiper blades, as they are designed to last for up to 40 percent longer than conventional blades.
2020 F150 wiper blade size
Whether you’re replacing your old blades or installing new ones, you’ll need to know the correct size for your truck. The wiper size for a 2020 F-150 is 28 inch for the driver side and 19 inch for the passenger side.
When to Replace Your F150 Wiper Blades
Signs that your Wiper Blades need replacing
Your Ford F150 windshield wipers are essential in keeping your vehicle clean and free from rain or snow. However, over time, the blades may become worn down, causing them to not work as effectively as they once did. Here are some signs that suggest it’s time to replace your wiper blades:
- You notice a decrease in how much water is being cleared from your windshield with each pass.
- The windshield wipers are not able to effectively remove large chunks of snow or ice.
- The wiper blades become noisy or squeaky when they are in use.
- The blades become difficult to pull out or replace altogether.
Importance of regular replacement for safety
Every year, it is important to replace your Ford F150 wipers for safety and efficiency. Here are some reasons why:
- Wipers help to keep the windshield clean and clear.
- The blades remove water, ice, and snow from the windshield.
- A clogged or worn wiper blade can cause water to splatter onto your windshield, and can also create a Safety Hazard.
- Wipers can also cause the windshield to fog up, which can reduce visibility.
- A worn or clogged wiper blade can also reduce the effectiveness of the wiper motor.
Tips for maintaining Wiper Blades to extend their lifespan
Keeping your wiper blades in top condition is essential to prolonging their lifespan. Here are a few tips to help you keep your blades clean and operable:
- Always keep your wiper blades clean. Dirt, debris, and other debris can build up on the blades and cause them to wear out prematurely. Clean them using a mild soap and water solution, or a windshield washer fluid solution.
- Don’t use harsh chemicals or cleaners on your wiper blades. These chemicals can damage the blades and cause them to wear out more quickly.
- Inspect your wiper blades regularly for damage. If you notice any damage, don’t use the blades until they have been repaired or replaced.
- Check your wiper blades for wear and tear once a month. If they appear to be worn out, replace them as soon as possible.
How to Install New Wiper Blades on Your F150
Tools and materials required for installation
- New wiper blades
- Torx wrench
- Phillips screwdriver
- Latex gloves
- Jumper cables
- Sturdy work surface
Step-by-step instructions for installation
Here are the simple steps you need to follow in order to install new wiper blades on your Ford F150:
- Open the hood of your truck and locate the wiper motor. This can be found on the left side of the engine under the hood.
- Remove the old wiper blades from your truck by pulling them off of the arms.
- If the wiper arms have been damaged in any way, you will need to replace them before proceeding. Do not try to reuse the old wiper blades as they will not work properly.
- Install the new wiper blades onto the arms by inserting them into the slots on the arms and then pushing them down until they are secure.
- Close the hood of your truck and test the wiper blades by turning them on. If they are not working properly, you will need to replace them again.
Common mistakes to avoid during installation
If you are planning on replacing your wiper blades on your Ford F150, there are a few things that you should keep in mind to avoid making common installation mistakes.
First, it is important to verify that your wiper arms are in good condition. If they are damaged or worn out, they may not operate properly with new blades installed. If this is the case, you may need to replace both the arms and the blades.
Next, be sure to follow the correct installation instructions that come with the new wiper blades. Many times, Ford dealers will have specific instructions that need to be followed in order to ensure a successful installation.
Finally, be patient. It can take some time for the new blades to break in and operate properly. Be sure to allow plenty of time for these steps before rating the installation process as a failure.
If you’re looking to replace your F150’s wiper blades, don’t forget to check the size chart first! Not all wiper blades are created equal, so it’s important to get the right size for your truck. Installation is a breeze and you just need to follow the instructions in the guide. And if you ever find yourself with a broken wiper blade, don’t worry and replacement is very easy, too.